- Alcoholic Beverages
- Australian Institute of Packaging
- Beverage packaging
- Building Services
- Dock Levellers
- Food & Beverage Industry Awards
- Food Packaging
- Food processing
- Food safety
- Food Trends
- Food waste
- gluten free
- government and regulation
- Materials Handling
- Motors And Drives
- Paddock to Plate
- palm oil
- Research and Development
- supply chain
- Trade And Export
- Cheeky Rascal Cider takes out Beverages category at Food awards: video
Two years ago, Rebello launched Cheeky Rascal Cider – the country’s first apple and pear cider to be blended with fruit wine and made entirely from real, fresh, local strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. And this year, the company won the Food magazine awards’ Beverages category for its new varietal range.
- New plating system from CMActive claims packaging award: video
CMActive’s Torus Pak was a stand-out contender in the Food magazine awards’ Packaging Design category this year.
- Springhill Farm wins Prepared Foods category at Food awards: video
Springhill Farm’s Real Bread Mix took out the top spot in the 2013 Food magazine award’s Prepared Meals category.
- Gluten Free Grain Free range wins industry health award: video
Taking home the Food magazine Health and Wellness award for 2013 is Gluten Free Grain Free’s Food for Everybody – Cake Premixes range.
- CST Wastewater Solutions wins sustainable manufacturing award: video
CST Wastewater Solutions claimed the Sustainable Manufacturing award at this year’s Food magazine awards, for its Chok Chai Starch RAPTOR.
- Passage Foods’ pumpkin curry named Ready Meal of the Year: video
This year’s Ready Meals category winner of the Food magazine awards, Passage Foods, won for its innovative ready-to-eat Pumpkin Curry Side Simmer Sauce.
- Dyson claims food safety title at Food mag awards: video
With two entries in this category, it was Dyson’s Airblade Tap that came out on top and claimed the Food Safety and Innovation in Non-Food category at this year’s Food magazine awards.
- CO YO named most innovative at Food mag awards: video
For the second year in a row, CO YO Corporate has taken out the Food magazine awards’ Ingredient Innovation category.
- Bakers Delight takes out Food mag award: video
This year, the winner of the Baked Goods category at the Food magazine awards was bakery franchise, Bakers Delight, for its Chia and Fruit Loaf.
- New facility puts food on the menu for Multipack
Contract packager, Multipack, is celebrating the opening of its new accredited food facility, allowing the company to expand its offering to include primary and secondary packaging for FMCG food brands.
- GrainCorp and the thorny issue of foreign ownership
No other product category generates as much emotion as food. This should come as no surprise as nations have fought to provide a reliable supply of food for their burgeoning population since the dawn of civilisation.
- How group buying deals improved my food business
Handmade chocolate shop owner, Hanna Frederick explains how group buying deals have boosted her business, and shares tips on to get the most out of this marketing platform.
- Meat trends – what’s getting the chop?
There are many different factors influencing the sales of meat, poultry and smallgoods. Seasonality, product availability, the type or cut of meat, consumer diets and religious events all affect when, where and which types of meat Australians consume.
- Allergy labelling – how transparent is yours?
Accurate allergy labelling is a pertinent issue for food manufacturers. Food Standards Australia and New Zealand states that between four and six percent of children and one to two percent of adults suffer from serious food allergies.
- Waste not, want not: how packaging can help tackle food waste
With the global population set to soar and the growth of our agricultural industry threatened by climate change and competing land uses, Australia needs to toss out food waste – and packaging is the key.
- Fonterra crisis dents NZ’s ‘100 percent Pure’ image
Although Fonterra has tracked down the contaminated whey protein used in some varieties of infant milk formula … the long-term ramifications for NZ’s image as a safe producer of food and beverages could be severe.
- Packaging a milestone: AIP celebrates 50 years
For half a century, the Australian Institute of Packaging has been serving the education and training arm of the Australian packaging industry, writes Ralph Moyle.
- The truth about free range eggs is tough to crack
The big problem with the new Queensland regulation is that it seems to accept that supermarkets in consultation with industry can ultimately decide what animal welfare practices are acceptable.
- Explainer: the good, the bad and the ugly of botulinum toxin
It might be fine for us to inject ourselves with Botox in a quest for eternal youth, but when the microorganism that produces this potent toxin is found in whey powder, there’s reason for great concern.
- 24 hours with Caramelicious
Breena Tremsal from French caramel brand, Caramelicious, explains what life is like at the helm of a small, family run food manufacturer.