- Alcoholic Beverages
- Augmented Reality
- Australian wine
- Building Services
- Bundaberg Rum
- Food Packaging
- government and regulation
- Grants and funding
- ice cream
- infant formula
- level sensors
- Research and Development
- Test and Measurement
- Trade And Export
- Propak Asia 2018 taking place in June
PKA 2018 has further expanded to include a 9th exhibition hall at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre.
- Australia’s first Sustainable Seafood Week launched
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), this week launched Australia’s first ever Sustainable Seafood Week.
- Platypus milk may help save lives
Platypus milk has taken a closer to being used to fight superbugs and save lives, thanks to a team of researchers at CSIRO working with Deakin University.
- Wesfarmers plans to make Coles a separate company
Wesfarmers has announced its intention to demerge its Coles division, subject to shareholder and other approvals.
- Kiwi agtech company secures funding for UV crop enhancement
BioLumic, creator of the world’s first crop-yield enhancement system using UV light, has announced the close of $6.34m in Series A funding.
- Golden North judged Australia’s best ice cream
Golden North has been judged Australia’s best ice cream in an independent customer survey by Canstar Blue.
- Top 25 global consumer packaged goods companies revealed
Nestle, Procter & Gamble and Anheuser-Busch InBev remained in the top three company positions in terms of market cap.
- How a business management solutions streamlines your entire food manufacturing process
As the world’s population grows at ever increasing rates, demand for food is growing quickly. Australian food producers are seeking out new opportunities locally and abroad to take advantage of this growing demand.
- Guidelines for wine tourism grants now available
The Australian Government has released the guidelines for the $10 million Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant program, before applications open on 1 July 2019.
- Usain Bolt brings new hot sauce to Australia
Superstar sprinter Usain Bolt has teamed up with Coles supermarkets to create a line of hot sauces launching this week across Australia.
- Bundaberg Rum Distillery brings home international tourism awards
Bundaberg Rum Distillery has been named as one of the world’s top distillery attractions winning two gongs for the second time at the 2018 Drinks International Distillery Challenge Awards in London.
- Online tool aims to make sourcing sustainable seafood easier
Businesses that trade in wild caught seafood can now access an online tool to help them determine the stock, environmental and management risks associated with the seafood they buy and sell.
- Plastic pillow block bearings
Lubrication-free xiros pillow block bearings replace metallic solutions and are designed to help maintain clean conditions in the food and packaging sectors.
- VEGAPULS 64 delivers best measuring results with 80 GHz
The VEGAPULS 64 is ideal for use in vessels with small process connections, such as those used in the food, pharmaceutical and biotech industry.
- Corrosion: out of sight must not be out of mind
Corrosion Under Insulation can affect most industrial facilities—from the largest manufacturing plant and chemical plants to a neighbourhood bakery.
- Augmented reality helps lead quality in Australian meat industry
Meat and Livestock Australia have partnered with design build and consulting business, Wiley to explore how technology can bring meat grading into the future utilising AR.
- Aus online sales to China thriving – Tmall report
Australia has moved into third spot, on the list of importer countries into China, on Alibaba’s business-to-consumer (B2C) platform.
- Supporting worldwide dairy sustainability
Dairy Connect is urging industry stakeholders to support a new public consultation initiative by global dairy agency the Dairy Sustainability Framework.
- New extrusion mill for Ridley Corporation
Wiley will take on the responsibility of design build partner and principal contractor for Ridley Corporation’s new extrusion mill project in Westbury, Tasmania.
- New TPP, minus US, signed in Chile
Australia and 10 other nations signed the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership in Santiago on Thursday.