- APCO, Planet Ark labelling scheme to combat waste
The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO), alongside Planet Ark and PREP Design, have launched a nation-wide labelling scheme that will help consumers better understand how to recycle products effectively. Leading organisations including Australia Post, Blackmores, Nestlé, Officeworks, Unilever and Woolworthshave already pledged their commitment to using the label and as such are actively working towards reducing the amount … Continue reading APCO, Planet Ark labelling scheme to combat waste
- Unilever calls for accelerated industry action on packaging waste
Unilever has called for the consumer goods industry to step-up its efforts to tackle the mounting challenge of ocean plastic waste and create a circular economy for plastics.
- NZ dairy robotics company attracts Australasian investors
The robots use high definition cameras and sensor technology to allow for equipment to be remotely assessed for maintenance and for preventative analysis.
- Keurig, Dr Pepper Snapple merge to create beverage giant
Dr Pepper Snapple Group and Keurig Green Mountain have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create Keurig Dr Pepper.
- Gold Coast hosts second round of Pacific Alliance Free Trade Agreement negotiations
The Gold Coast negotiation round, which started yesterday and will continue until 2 February, bring together trade negotiators from Australia and the Pacific Alliance.
- Brewers Association of New Zealand appoints new boss
The Brewers Association of New Zealand has appointed of Dylan Firth as its Executive Director, based in Wellington. Rory Glass, Managing Director of Lion and Chairman of the Brewers Association, says Firth’s skills, strong networks and advocacy experience will deliver considerable value for the New Zealand brewing industry. “We are delighted to welcome Dylan to … Continue reading Brewers Association of New Zealand appoints new boss
- Alibaba’s Tmall Fresh promotes Australian Beef in China at Australia Day BBQ
Tmall Fresh and Meat & Livestock Australia have joined forces to bring the best quality Australian beef and lamb to Chinese consumers.
- AIP invites industry to participate in sustainability research
The Australian Institute of Packaging is collaborating with Empauer to undertake research into the attitudes and behaviours of industry across sustainability.
- SPC fruit brands heading to China
SPC is expanding its global footprint, launching for the first time into China with its Goulburn Valley and SPC fruit brands.
- Blackberry & Cream crowned Allen’s Fruit & Cream of the Crop
Allen’s has welcomed a new Fruit & Cream of the Crop to its lolly line-up. Australians officially chose the Blackberry & Cream to join favourites Strawberries & Cream and Peaches & Cream in Allen’s Fruits & Cream Mix, launching exclusively at Woolworths this February. The announcement follows a nationwide vote that saw luscious Blackberry & … Continue reading Blackberry & Cream crowned Allen’s Fruit & Cream of the Crop
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, minus the US, reborn
The TPP, a major trade deal that has been almost a decade in the making has been reborn as the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Australian wine excites at Australia Day Tasting, London
Australian wine was celebrated at this week’s Australia Day Tasting (ADT) in London, Wine Australia’s largest trade tasting internationally.
- Fonterra to expand dairy operations in Victoria, Tasmania
Fonterra Australia is matching its push to secure additional milk volumes with more than $165 million in capital expenditure in this financial year at key sites.
- Arnott’s launches three new Tim Tam flavours
Arnott’s Tim Tam has collaborated with the chilled treat experts at Gelato Messina to create three new gelato inspired flavours; Choc Cherry Coconut, Iced Coffee and Turkish Delight.
- Australian wine exports booming
Australian wine exports increased by 15 per cent to $2.56 billion in the 12 months ending December 2017, according to Wine Australia’s Export Report.
- WA to educate retailers, consumers ahead of plastic bag ban
With Western Australia’s ban on lightweight single-use plastic bags just five months away, the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation is holding workshops to help people change the way they shop and do business.
- New Managing Director announced for Woolworths’ beverage brand
Steve Donohue, current Director of Buying and Merchandising for Woolworths Supermarkets, has today been announced as the new Managing Director of Endeavour Drinks, effective from April this year.
- Minister for Agriculture heads Leadership Dialogue with India
Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, David Littleproud, will lead the Australian delegation participating in the Australia India Leadership Dialogue in Delhi this month.
- Air velocity and IAQ data logger
Testo introduces a new innovation for indoor air quality (IAQ) specialists with the launch of a new air velocity and IAQ data logger.
- Finger valves deliver energy savings and reliability
Despite continuous developments in the manufacturing sector, manually operated valves still have their place in production. While many plants look to significant upgrades and welcome more flexible solutions, manually operated valves still provide significant benefits and are still relevant for certain applications. These hard working, robust valves offer control, durability and cost savings. James McKew, … Continue reading Finger valves deliver energy savings and reliability