- Murray River Organics appoints new Managing Director and CEO
Murray River Organics Group has appointed Valentina Tripp to the role of Managing Director and CEO.
- Australian wine exports setting new records
Australian wine exports continue to set records, with a new high for the average value of bottled wine exports of $5.74 per litre.
- Wine Insights renamed Cumulus Wines
The Orange region’s most awarded winery will return to the name it was founded under, Cumulus Wines.
- Grocery clearance store business NQR sold
Grocery clearance store business NQR has been sold as a going concern and will continue to operate.
- Fight Food Waste CRC established
A new Cooperative Research Centre, supported by a $30 million grant from the Turnbull Government’s CRC Program, has been established.
- Wine most popular, but beer most drunk by Australians
The Roy Morgan Alcohol Currency Report has found that 69.3 per cent of Australians aged 18 and over drink alcohol in an average four-week period.
- Growers need to act now to prepare for Vintage 2019
Wine Australia is encouraging grapegrowers to brush up on post-harvest care as Vintage 2018 wraps up across the country.
- Food Waste CRC to help fight hunger in Australia
Foodbank, has welcomed today’s announcement of a $30m grant from the Australian Government towards the creation of a new Cooperative Research Centre on Food Waste.
- PIDA award finalist uses smart technology to fight War on Waste
The Vision CSS automatically sorts, identifies and counts container types for recycling depots – all to help increase the uptake of recycling under the Australian Container Deposit Legislation scheme.
- Chilled mirror hygrometer
Michell’s engineers have developed a unique, hybrid mirror to provide a fast response to changes in temperature and humidity.
- Nestlé aiming at 100 per cent recyclable or reusable packaging by 2025
The company wants none of its packaging, including plastics, ends up in landfill or as litter by 2025.
- Australia ‘piggy in the middle’ of trade war between US and China
While some local industries may become more exposed to risk as a result, IBISWorld believes Australia will also have the rare opportunity to seize export market share in both markets.
- Govt to review live sheep trade
The Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources David Littleproud has announced a short, sharp review of the standards for the sheep trade during the Middle Eastern summer.
- Australian dairy – “let the big milk battle begin”
The Rabobank report says the Australian dairy sector made positive strides during the 2017/18 season, but a multi-stage recovery is required for a true resurgence.
- Ishida and Heat and Control announce enhanced co-operation
Ishida and Heat and Control are establishing a stronger collaborative alliance to provide food industry customers with full “end to end” processing and packaging solutions.
- Dry, wet or deep-frozen – flexible barcode scanners for use in all areas
Barcode scanners are used for a variety of different purposes in the food processing industry. The track-and-trace requirements are constantly growing, and every individual item of food that is bought by discerning end-consumers must be fully traceable. The more the food is processed, the greater the level of safety required, particularly in the case of … Continue reading Dry, wet or deep-frozen – flexible barcode scanners for use in all areas
- The cost of absenteeism
The old adage that time equals money certainly rings true when you consider the costs involved when an employee is absent from work. The Oxford Dictionary defines absenteeism as the practice of regularly staying away from work or school without good reason. In other words, it excludes valid causes for missing work that are beyond … Continue reading The cost of absenteeism
- Digital transformation demand peaks in Aus
Digital technology consultancy Nukon is making waves – and not the kind that you see at the beach.
- Report into impact of China recycling ban released
The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation has released the Market Impact Assessment Report, a new study defining the impact of China’s National Sword policy.
- Energy-efficient pump drive solutions
NORD Drivesytems supplies complete pre-assembled distributed drive units for a wide performance range up to 22 kW.