- The cost of absenteeism
The old adage that time equals money certainly rings true when you consider the costs involved when an employee is absent from work. The Oxford Dictionary defines absenteeism as the practice of regularly staying away from work or school without good reason. In other words, it excludes valid causes for missing work that are beyond … Continue reading The cost of absenteeism
- Digital transformation demand peaks in Aus
Digital technology consultancy Nukon is making waves – and not the kind that you see at the beach.
- Report into impact of China recycling ban released
The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation has released the Market Impact Assessment Report, a new study defining the impact of China’s National Sword policy.
- Energy-efficient pump drive solutions
NORD Drivesytems supplies complete pre-assembled distributed drive units for a wide performance range up to 22 kW.
- Adaptable blue silicone rubber vacuum pad
The latest vacuum pad from SMC is the ZP3P, which is designed to offer optimum absorbing performance and efficient handling.
- New lolly range inspired by Peters
Allen’s has teamed up with Peters in its first-ever lolly collaboration to launch an all new range of ice-cream flavoured jellies, inspired by Frosty Fruits and the classic Drumstick.
- Squeezing the myths on OJ pasteurisation
The HRS series of MI/MR Pasteurisers uses a food-grade multi-tube corrugated tube heat exchanger to speed up the heat transfer in pasteurisation systems.
- Hybrid mega-pest threatening global food crops
The hybridisation of two of the world’s major pest species into a new and improved mega-pest threatens crops such as corn, cotton, tomato and soybean.
- Murray Goulburn shareholders say yes to Saputo takeover
Shareholders of Murray Goulburn have voted in favour of a proposed $1.3 billion takeover by Canadian dairy giant Saputo.
- Low pressure wash down guns
Tecpro Australia has released a white version of its RB65 low pressure wash down gun, after requests from the meat and dairy industries.
- American bourbon and vodka coming to Australia
MGP Ingredients has announced plans to partner with Swift + Moore Beverages Australia to represent TILL American Wheat Vodka and George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- Export Council of Australia launches business survey
The survey, called AIBS, is a collaboration between the ECA, the Australian Trade and Investment Commission, and the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation.
- Finalists announced for 2018 PIDA Awards
Finalists have been announced for the 2018 Packaging & Processing Innovation & Design Awards (PIDA).
- Wine Australia gets broader powers to protect the nation’s wine reputation
New regulations, effective this week, give the nation’s wine export regulator Wine Australia broader powers to protect the reputation of the country’s wine exports.
- Woolworths to phase out plastic bags by June 20
Woolworths has announced its Supermarkets, BWS, Metro and Woolworths Petrol stores will no longer provide single-use plastic shopping bags nationally from 20 June 2018.
- Hundreds lose jobs as Red Lea Chickens closes
Red Lea Chickens has been placed into voluntary administration and, as result, more than 500 workers have lost their jobs.
- Call to stick to sustainable seafood over Easter
With a potential shortage of fresh seafood stocks due to wild seas over the Easter period, the MSC is encouraging Aussie consumers to commit to choosing sustainably sourced seafood.
- The health benefits of the functional carbohydrate Palatinose
Individuals who followed the low glycaemic diet – that included Beneo’s functional carbohydrate Palatinose – experienced a lower glycaemic profile, reduced variability in blood sugar levels and improved fat burning.
- What eggs can teach us about traceability
In summer 2017, 15 EU states, Switzerland and Hong Kong were affected by the Fipronil contamination scandal. The scandal originated in the Netherlands but had global effects. Around ten million tainted eggs were imported into Germany, with not only eggs themselves being contaminated, but also egg products such as sandwich fillers. Here, Shan Zhan, Global … Continue reading What eggs can teach us about traceability
- Global Easter egg launches up on last year
When it comes to chocolate eggs, bunnies and other treats, it seems there has never been so much choice for chocolate lovers around the world.