- Agriculture Victoria
- alcohol Australia
- amazon food
- anti-slip flooring
- Australian alcohol
- Australian farmers
- Australian farming
- Australian food
- Australian tech company
- Australian viticulture
- Australian Women in Wine Awards
- Cattle slaughter
- cloud services
- Dock Levellers
- drought Australia
- Food And Beverage
- Food and Beverage Awards
- Food and Beverage Industry awards
- habib's restaurant
- Maxum Foods
- Meat and Livestock Australia
- Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor
- schneider Australia
- Schneider Electric
- Skyfii platform
- Sydney University
- waste management
- Water management
- wine awards
- World Food Day
- Zero hunger
- Q&A: The future of food production technology
A Senior Systems Engineer shares his first-hand insights into the current and future challenges of food and beverage manufacturers – and how technology is being used to solve them.
- Major organisations supporting 2018 Drinks Industry Show
Liquor Stores Association NSW & ACT and the Restaurant & Catering Association have announced their support for the revamped industry show.
- Heat and Control secures form-fill-seal distributor partnership
Heat and Control has announced an exclusive distributor partnership agreement with Volpak, a brand of horizontal form-fill-seal solutions for the flexible pouch packaging industry.
- Narrow-gap Segmented Transfer Plates for conveyor belts
Flexco has introduced a new Segmented Transfer Plate which it will display at MEGATRANS2018.
- New livestock traceability reporting scheme for pork industry
Australia’s biosecurity will be further strengthened by the delivery of a national reporting scheme for the pork industry.
- Melbourne’s new international airport set to export fresh produce
The new international Airport at Avalon will not only create more than 200 jobs and increase international visitor numbers, but also be capable of exporting 14 tonnes of Victorian fresh produce every day.
- Bioenergy project at NSW abattoir commences production
ReNu Energy has announced that the Goulburn Bioenergy Project, located at the Southern Meats abattoir in Goulburn has reached practical completion and commenced commercial operation.
- Cable systems and automation provider launches locally
Lapp, a provider of branded cable and connector systems and integrated electrical and automation engineering solutions, has established a fully-fledged subsidiary in Australia.
- Bubs Goat Milk Infant Formula to be sold in Woolworths
Following a recent range review for the infant formula category, Bubs Advanced Plus+ Goat Milk Infant Formula will be available from selected Woolworths supermarkets in April.
- Dairy advocate tells ACCC to keep industry relations simple
Responding to ACCC’s interim dairy industry review, advocacy group Dairy Connect has called for simplified, single document contracts between dairy processors and producers.
- Diploma in Packaging Technology – scholarships for ANZ close soon
The Australian Institute of Packaging advises that submissions will close on the 23 February for the two annual scholarship programs for the industry.
- The Business of Food Expo heads to Melbourne
The Business of Food Expo 2018 is a great place for those interested in food and hospitality to find out how to start a new business.
- Magners Apple Cider – the secret ingredient for mop sauce
Magners Cider can help make a mop sauce which adds a smokey flavour to meat cooked on the barbecue and stops meat from drying out.
- Gov mandates Australians to get first dibs at agricultural land
The Federal Government has indicated in a press statement that it has has acted to ensure Australians will get every opportunity to purchase agricultural land holdings by introducing tough new rules that mandate vendors to advertise and market agricultural land to Australians first. This statement comes after concerns were raised following the the sale of the … Continue reading Gov mandates Australians to get first dibs at agricultural land
- Committing to sustainable cocoa farming
Last week, 41 players from the Swiss cocoa and chocolate sector, including FarmStrong Foundation, joined forces to form the Swiss Platform for Sustainable Cocoa. The objective of the new platform is to bring together organisations from the private sector, public sector, civil society and research institutes to promote sustainability in the cocoa sector. The member … Continue reading Committing to sustainable cocoa farming
- Nufarm acquires FMC herbicide portfolio
Nufarm has completed the acquisition of a European herbicide product portfolio from FMC Corporation. The proposed acquisition was announced back in Novermber 2017. According to a Nufarm press release, the company’s program of work to integrate the portfolio into its European product suite is well advanced. In the first full year of Nufarm ownership (FY2019), … Continue reading Nufarm acquires FMC herbicide portfolio
- APCO, Planet Ark labelling scheme to combat waste
The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO), alongside Planet Ark and PREP Design, have launched a nation-wide labelling scheme that will help consumers better understand how to recycle products effectively. Leading organisations including Australia Post, Blackmores, Nestlé, Officeworks, Unilever and Woolworthshave already pledged their commitment to using the label and as such are actively working towards reducing the amount … Continue reading APCO, Planet Ark labelling scheme to combat waste
- Unilever calls for accelerated industry action on packaging waste
Unilever has called for the consumer goods industry to step-up its efforts to tackle the mounting challenge of ocean plastic waste and create a circular economy for plastics.
- NZ dairy robotics company attracts Australasian investors
The robots use high definition cameras and sensor technology to allow for equipment to be remotely assessed for maintenance and for preventative analysis.
- Keurig, Dr Pepper Snapple merge to create beverage giant
Dr Pepper Snapple Group and Keurig Green Mountain have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create Keurig Dr Pepper.