- Alcoholic Beverages
- Australian wine
- government and regulation
- Industry 4.0
- junk food
- Manuka honey
- snack foods
- Test and Measurement
- Trade And Export
- Australia works with UN to improve fresh water management in Asia
Australia is using its expertise in water management in partnership with the United Nations to improve fresh water management in Asian agriculture to safeguard the region’s food security.
- Foodbank, Optus partner for families in need
Australia’s largest hunger relief organisation, Foodbank, is partnering with Optus to provide support for Australian families this Christmas.
- GEA launches filling system with seamless changeover
Technology group GEA has launched its latest generation of aseptic filling technology: the Fillstar CX EVO. The multi-functional system has the capacity to seamlessly switch between different types of products, from carbonated to still aseptic beverages and vice-versa.
- Blockchain project launched to fight food fraud
A research project has been launched to track beef from paddock to plate, thus protecting Australia’s reputation for world-class beef production.
- Tna expands low-maintenance steam peeling options
Food processing and packaging solution provider tna has expanded its range of Florigo ultra-peel steam peeling solutions for potatoes, baby carrots and other vegetables to offer processors a tailored steam peeling solution depending on their individual production requirements.
- Sidel, Coca-Cola collaborate on new Fanta bottle
Packaging provider Sidel has joined forces with Coca-Cola to rejuvenate the Fanta brand with a new shape, applicable to both PET and glass bottles.
- Liquor and Convenience help lift Metcash H2 profit
Metcash recorded interim net profit after tax of $2.9 million for the second half of 2017, up 24 per cent on the previous half of $74.9 million, partly driven by continued growth in the Liquor segment and improved earnings in Convenience.
- Dairy industry advocate backs ACCC recommendations
Industry advocacy group Dairy Connect has backed the call from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for a mandatory code to govern dairy supply chain relationships and commercial practices.
- Food and beverage business expected to improve: survey
Decision makers in the international food and beverage industry are optimistic about future prospects, a global survey shows, expecting the economic situation for their businesses to pick up in the years to come.
- Coopers opens $65 million malting plant
The largest Australian owned brewer, Coopers, has opened a $65 million malting plant at its Regency Park brewery in Adelaide, a move that is designed to underpin the family-owned company’s long-term future.
- West Australia food businesses join “Good Choice” campaign
Western Australia food businesses are coming to the table to help consumers make good choices and buy locally.
- Expanding meat production to increase competition in 2018
Meat production is forecast to expand globally in 2018, intensifying trade competition in international markets and between different types of animal proteins, according to a newly-released international report.
- Chr. Hansen expands natural beverage colours range
Chr. Hansen has extended its range of CapColors and ColorFruit by launching four new colour solutions for beverages.
- HMPS wins at South Australia food awards
Robotics and automation company HMPS has received the Stephen Moore Service Provider Award for its contribution to the South Australian Food Industry.
- MICE 2018 early bird tickets now on sale
Early bird tickets for Australasia’s hottest coffee dedicated event, the Melbourne International Coffee Expo taking place from 22 to 24 March, 2018, are now on sale.
- New natural sweetener company launches in Australia
Whole Earth Sweetener has launched in Australia with a range of four new products, made with natural sweetness extracted from stevia leaves, offering low calorie alternatives to sugar.
- Coca-Cola adds a Raspberry twist for summer
Coca-Cola Australia has announced the launch of a brand new flavour, Coca-Cola Raspberry which is available nationally as a limited-edition product from today.
- 2018 packaging scholarship now open
The APPMA in conjunction with the AIP has opened submissions for its tenth annual scholarship program.
- House of Arras wins ‘Best Sparkling Trophy’ at another capital city wine show
Tasmanian label House of Arras has now scooped the ‘Best Sparkling Trophy’ at every capital city wine show in Australia this year.
- Murray Goulburn sells Tasmanian site to Dutch Mill
Dairy processor Murray Goulburn has sold of its Edith Creek facility in Tasmania to Dutch Mill, a local subsidiary of Dutch Mill group of Thailand.