The glass container manufacturer, Owen-Illinois (O-I), has launched a new global marketing campaign called Glass Is Life.
The glassmaking giant has developed the campaign on the understanding that the natural properties of the material – transparency, hygiene, recyclable – means glass packaging helps build successful food and beverage brands.
Through collaboration with top chiefs, environmentalists and CEOs, O-I draws attention to the widespread appeal of glass as a packaging material.
“O-I’s extensive research shows a strong demand for glass among consumers, but the marketplace does not adequately reflect this interest. We aim to influence the food and beverage industry’s packaging decisions by showing the power of glass,” said Al Stroucken, Chairman and CEO of O-I. “As the leading maker of the purest and most sustainable packaging, O-I is excited to spearhead a movement that demonstrates the unique attributes of glass packaging and brings brands back into glass.”
The campaign includes six speakers from different walks of life, who discuss their thoughts about using glass:
- Sanpellegrino S.p.A. Chairman and CEO Stefano Agostini, who says glass showcases the quality of the S. Pellegrino brand.
- Monini Olive Oil CEO Zefferino Monini, who chooses glass because it best preserves the flavor of the product.
- Environmentalist Celine Cousteau, granddaughter of Jacques Cousteau, who prefers glass because it is natural, healthy and sustainable.
- true fruits Co-Founder Nic Lecloux, who says glass demonstrates the quality and sophistication of his premium product.
- Bundaberg Brewed Drinks CEO John McLean, who bottles his drinks in glass so it stands out on the shelf.
- Agua del Nacimiento CEO Juan Gabriel Gonzalez, who says glass is the only packaging that shows the clarity and purity of Colombia’s best water.