The McMenon FPD300 classical venturi tube is a robust, low pressure-loss device that is available in line sizes 50 to 1200 mm as standard, with larger sizes available upon request. The meter can measure a wide range of clean liquids and gases. Smaller sized units are machined from barstock or forged bar; larger sizes are typically fabricated from rolled plate with forged flanges. For applications requiring exceptionally low pressure loss, we offer a version that has a longer outlet cone with a shallower internal angle. This combination reduces the overall pressure loss.
The features and benefits of the McMenon FPD300 Venturi Tubes include:
- Mature, established technology.
- Available in sizes from DN50 to DN1200 (2 to 48 in.) and larger.
- No moving parts – virtually maintenance-free.
- Performance of device can be calculated from measurement of key dimensions alone – calibration available to offer reduced uncertainty.
- Suitable for a wide range of liquids, gases and steam.
- Available in a wide range of materials to suit the process fluid and the working conditions.
- Designs available for high temperatures and pressures.
- Suitable for horizontal or vertical pipelines.
- Significantly lower pressure losses – offers reduced operating costs in pumping or compression.
- Good performance even at high Beta-ratios.
- Less affected by upstream disturbances than many other devices.
- Profile resists the effects of wear – offers a particularly stable calibration and long life.
- Tolerant to the presence of some solids in the fluid.
- Suitable for passage of multiphase flows and wet gas.