- Perth hotel diverts food waste from landfill with BioBags
- SMC forms part of the AMGC to advance innovation
- NORD DRIVESYSTEMS helps reduce serious safety risks with gas explosion protected motors and gear units
- Nestlé South Australia pledges to use only certified sustainable palm oil within five years
South Australian wine labels, Penfolds and Parawa Estate, have been declared joint winners of an international wine challenge in Hong Kong.
Both limited release red wines, the 2007 Parawa Estate Grand Reserve Ingalalla and the 2004 Penfolds Bin 60A, were named the favourites by members of Hong Kong's premium wine club, Crown Cellars, with each member bringing their favourite international wine to the tasting.
Eighteen members, including two Masters of Wine (Hong Kong’s Debra Meiburg and visiting English born/French resident, Matthew Stubbs) brought 20 wines to the show.
The list of wines presented were:
- Chateau Latour, 2002;
- Parawa Estate Ingalalla Grand Reserve 2007;
- Yao Ming's Family Reserve 2004;
- Pontet-Canet 2002;
- Joseph Phelps, Insignia, 2002;
- Chateau Haut-Brion, La Mission, 1996;
- Penfolds, Grange, 2008;
- Stags Leap, 2001;
- Burton Reserve Shiraz, 2002;
- Sine Que Non, Five-Shooter Grenache, 2010;
- Chateau Monbousquet, 2003;
- Ackerman, 2007;
- Charmes Chambertin Grand Cru from Drouhin, 2001;
- Pontet-Canet, 2009;
- Parawa Estate Eden Grand Reserve Syrah 2008;
- Hall, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010;
- Penfolds Bin 60A 2004;
- Soldera, Brunello Di Montalcino, 2002;
- Vergelegen, South Africa 2002;
- Chateau Pichon-Longueville, 2000
The wines were tasted in three flights, with the group voting on their top two wines in each flight. Then for the final taste-off, the top six wines were returned and presented for re-evaluation.
At the end of the night, the 2007 Parawa Estate Grand Reserve Ingalalla and the 2004 Penfolds Bin 60A were named joint winners.
Parawa Estate owner, Peter Simic, said "To perform well against this group of prestigious wines, judged in this company, is indeed humbling. I would like to thank the members for bringing along their favourite world class wines to share with each other, making the evening a spectacular success."