Woolworths recalls cheese after consumer bites into safety pin

Woolworths has recalled 500g blocks of its Homebrand tasty cheese after a consumer bit into a safety pin buried in the product.

According to SMH, NSW resident Patrick McMullen found a safety pin in a piece of cheese he was chewing on on Wednesday 30 July.

"It felt like my tooth had broken. I spat it out and it was a safety pin. I could easily have swallowed it, but I didn’t,” he said.

McMullen immediately contacted Woolworths and the product has since been withdrawn from sale across the country.

"We immediately withdrew the product from sale and instigated an investigation into the incident including with our supplier. The investigation is ongoing and we continue to speak with the customer,” a Woolworths spokesperson said.
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *